Bucket List
I feel compelled to make a bucket list, or "30 things to do before I'm 30". I will include things I have already done because I think those deserve a mention. The following is in no particular order of importance:
Earn baccalaureate degrees in Athletic Training and Rehabilitative Sciences (bonus: graduate with Summa Cum Laude - 3.9+, as Maxima Cum Laude is out of the question) = ((DONE. 11MAY13. Whilte not Summa Cum Laude, it was a Magna Cum Laude.)Participate in Beach to Bay Relay = (2010)Go on an international trip solo = (New Zealand, 2006/2007)Participate in the CrossFit Games = (Team Body Armor, Regionals, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)Commission = (ACCOMPLISHED. 11MAY13.)'Complete a Level-1 CrossFit Trainer certification course (August 2011)Perform a get-up = (8 August 2011)Perform butterfly pull ups = (2013)Go skydiving = (June 2012)Complete Tough Mudder = (2011, at Paige, TX)Pass the BOC and become an ATC = (AUG 2013)Obtain my LAT in TX = (2013)Participate in a half-marathon = (Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, SA-TX, December 2011)Complete a CrossFit speciality course = (Mobility Certification, Jan 2011, 2013)Score a 300+ on a record APFT = (April 2012: extended scale 331) (Update: Made an APFT score of 355, age 27 y/o, 100 PU, 86 SU, 15:38 2-mile).Become a coach = (CrossFit instructor, Oct 2011)Complete the "Amanda" workout, RX = (forgot my initial attempt; will have to find my journal entry; will try and re-post a date when I do it again)Complete the "Murph" workout, RX'd = (28 May 2012, 1:2:34, c/20# vest)Earn a Level-2 CrossFit Trainer Certification, formerly "Coaches' Prep Course" (DONE: 19 Jul 2015)BW Snatch (~130-134 lbs) OR a 135 lb/62.5 kg Snatch. = (Done! PR'd at 64 kg (140 lbs), and repeated it on 2 Nov at 210 Last Chance Qualifier)Find a group IOT become involved in Catholic Apologetics OR start an apologetics course (January 2015, New Saint Thomas Aquinas Institute)Buy my first house (DONE: 21AUG15)Earn a CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist). (DONE: 16JUL15)COMPETE in the 2015 American Open in Olympic Weightlifting. (Update: I qualified for the AO at 58kg BW with a total of 156 kg [66 kg Sn, 90 kg CJ]! [Additional update: I increased my total to 168 kg (74-kg Sn, 94-kg CJ) at a later meet. Then, I competed at the AO, totalling 167 (72-kg Sn, 95-kg CJ) at 57.00 kg bodyweight. What's more is that I also qualified for the 2016 US Nationals Championships with that total which is the most-recent as of this posting.])COMPETE in the 2016 USA National Championships (DONE: 6 MAY 2016, at 57.52 kg BW. My new meet total is now 176).Breaking the 100-kg CJ (DONE: 6 MAY 2016 at USAW Nationals. Lifting >102 kg CJ is close enough to taste...).- 300 lb back squat (Update: decided to measure my back squat instead of my deadlift; I'm almost there with a 1RM of 295 lbs).
- String 5 "muscle-ups", aka get-ups, altogether (was able to but forgot first date of accomplishment; will post date when I actually do it and feel good about it)
- Perform a strict muscle-up
THINGS TO DO AFTER 30.
- Earn a Doctorate in Physical Therapy (class of 2016). It will be a few months after I turn 30.
- Complete Airborne school (May not get to as DPT school takes some time, but we will see if this is attainable/reasonable based on when I get a unit, where)
- Complete Air Assault school (probably after DPT school, for the same reason above...)
- Earn the Expert Field Medical Badge
- Become a Special Forces Group Physical Therapist
[NOTE (8/22/2013): To think I started this when I was 25. I'm now 27... 3 years left to do these things! May have to adjust/change some goals as the triathlon may not happen in 3 years. We shall see. I turn 30 on 28 May 2016. It seems so close...
NOTE (11/2/14): Yep, I will graduate DPT school by Aug 2016 so I won't get everything BEFORE I'm 30, but I can get things done while I am in the 3-0. No worries. I also definitely took out the triathlon idea. The Olympic weightlifting idea is catching on more.
NOTE (6/1/15): Wow. Less than one year to complete this list! I may need to re-adjust some goals or replace a few just to make the 30-item list more doable. What's more is that I made even more progress in some of the already-accomplished tasks, and I have updated them in a different color. I have also started a list that will contain goals that I cannot feasibly complete within a year, which is called the "Things to Do After 30".
NOTE (12/27/15): I've reviewed some of my goals and decided to delete some and add different ones. I've also continued to update completed ones, as it's really cool to note when I've made and exceeded certain achievements.
NOTE (5/8/16): 30 is approaching so quickly yet I feel as if I'm going to be delayed in my arrival of actually BEING 30 mentally.]
No comments:
Post a Comment