Thursday, December 25, 2008

Relevance

Been writing about anything else but New Zealand and I think I'll come back to it for a bit. I was hungry for some new tunes or something I hadn't listened to for awhile and I came across Brooke Fraser again. From what I know of her, I really respect her and her work- she's not only a musician for music but she really uses her influence and talent to help others. She's both prolific in sound and action, having gone to Africa to not just visit but to become changed as a person and to give a part of herself to those in need. I'm glad I haven't heard of her in gossip tabloids or anything like such. She's very humble.

It makes me think how stagnant I've been as a lay Catholic living in today's world. I wish to give to the world or somebody. Hopefully I will become a good medic or doctor and be able to attend humanitarian missions. That's my dream if I become an officer, to be able to use my influence and skills and distribute what are actions of God's love.

No comments: