Music
Waves of overflowing decibels: one of the indulgences we human beings enjoy. We all know that sometimes the silence can be loud...or the boredom resounds with silence that if you're gonna sit in the economy side of an airplane cabin, you're going to need something to keep you mentally preoccupied. Besides a good book and a great opportunity for prayer, music is the next best thing to remedy that travel boredom. So far, I've a number of albums I would like to wash over my ears to pass the time but therein lies a problem: how am I to conveniently carry it? It's easy, you say, get a mp3 player- maybe an iPod, everybody has an iPod because to the average consumer, mp3 is synonymous to iPod. Yeah, but iPods cost more than they're worth in use and there are other comparable non-Apple brands. Give me a decent, generic, (SD) expandable, single-battery charged device any day...er, as long as it costs less than an iPod, which needs to be charged via USB or a seperately bought power source because the battery is internal and inextricable.
I admit to be a frugal girl; I haven't bought a mp3 player. I still have a trusty CD player and a number of choice albums, but should I managed in the "old" way by lugging around a small CD case and a 2-AA battery player instead of buying a decent mp3 player just to eliminate the bulk? (It would be a nice gift, though.) Plus, I don't really want to possibly ruin my CDs on the road.
When I put it into perspective, I might just end up with the CD player. Oh well. Some things have got to give and you have to humble yourself enough to face reason and make do.
I admit to be a frugal girl; I haven't bought a mp3 player. I still have a trusty CD player and a number of choice albums, but should I managed in the "old" way by lugging around a small CD case and a 2-AA battery player instead of buying a decent mp3 player just to eliminate the bulk? (It would be a nice gift, though.) Plus, I don't really want to possibly ruin my CDs on the road.
When I put it into perspective, I might just end up with the CD player. Oh well. Some things have got to give and you have to humble yourself enough to face reason and make do.
No comments:
Post a Comment