Blowing dust from the surfaces
Well, here I am again.
It's been ages since I last set foot within these walls of the boundary-lacking blogosphere. Well, actually, less than a year- though it feels longer. Currently Summer 2011. I am sitting here with coffee, I have no classes to attend (but still doing the school thing throughout the conventionally known non-academic season for others, who are not me- we got three freebie days from Physics), and with a slight bit of ennui, decided to check up on the mental musings of my past. I can still see things as early as 2006...which is kind of neat because I do laugh at the stuff I've written, some lame and some pretty cheeky, and it doesn't actually bring about any sadness that may come with reminiscing. I think a little update would be nice. A little then-and-now, so to speak.
Still "CrossFitting". Since August 2009, I've made considerable improvements. After referencing this post and this post:
It's been ages since I last set foot within these walls of the boundary-lacking blogosphere. Well, actually, less than a year- though it feels longer. Currently Summer 2011. I am sitting here with coffee, I have no classes to attend (but still doing the school thing throughout the conventionally known non-academic season for others, who are not me- we got three freebie days from Physics), and with a slight bit of ennui, decided to check up on the mental musings of my past. I can still see things as early as 2006...which is kind of neat because I do laugh at the stuff I've written, some lame and some pretty cheeky, and it doesn't actually bring about any sadness that may come with reminiscing. I think a little update would be nice. A little then-and-now, so to speak.
Still "CrossFitting". Since August 2009, I've made considerable improvements. After referencing this post and this post:
Shoulder press: TBD
Back squat: 275 lbs
Deadlift: +250 lbs
Clean: 165 lbs
2-mile: haven't checked but running still sucks.
Calluses torn: lost count
Weight: really haven't checked
Ok, so I'm not very good at keeping these records organized but they're researchable to some extent. Hey, it's summer, and while I'm still a student, I don't want to think right now.
On the academic side, I am a double major towards baccalaureate degrees in Athletic Training and Rehabilitative Science. Not exactly pre-med degrees or degree tracks but some say I should highly consider it. At this point in life, I'd like to finally be free of traditional schooling and head into the "Real World"; join the work force and whatnot. Make a difference, really. I'll consider those food chemistry, kinesiology, and orthopedic surgery endeavors later on. Still, it's such a irritating waiting game. People my age these days (I think) have gone on to bigger and better things; earned their graduate degrees, dabbing into the professional world, having families, living life... I sometimes think I'm too old for where I am and that I am missing out on the experiences I could gather now for the future. It's like I'm re-living my early 20's...granted I only turned 25 not too long ago, but I ain't getting any younger! I'm such a lost, little soul. Must refocus.
On the health side, the CrossFit deal has been helping, as is manifested in strength gains. As with physical appearance, I still agnoize over what flubber I have left over. It shouldn't be a matter of aesthetics...but it is! Ugh. Lord, please increase my level of humility; help me to overcome this wasteful vanity. Actually, I think everyday increases my humility levels...probably should be careful for what I pray for but what can't hurt me can only make me stronger right?
Alright. By now I'm only falling into pits of rubbish thinking. With all this effort on writing a blog I should be diverting it into the prolific works of finishing social psychology assignments. Yes. Onward to productivity.
No comments:
Post a Comment